Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Big Time Sensuality


There's this fellow, he's poor. So he starts to pray. It's not one of those self-abnegating types of prayer where Tevya shouts at the Lord that it's no great honor to be poor. It's plain and simple, "Lord, please let me win the lottery today."

"Lord, Please let me win the lottery today."

"Lord, Please let me win the lottery today."

Every day, "Lord, Please let me win the lottery today." For ten years he faithfully recites his prayer and receives no response. Finally, after ten years of reciting this prayer, 3653 days (three leap years) the Angel Gabriel appears before the man, carrying a mighty gleaming sword, fiery eyes, and seriously ticked off look on his face.
"Dude!" Gabriel shouts, "Meet the Man half way! Buy a lottery ticket!"


Please, Lord, Let me get into art school in Chicago and be able to afford to achieve my dreams.

(Though, from a certain perspective...I can't afford NOT to achieve them.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Lottery of Truth

-Deedat