Thursday, August 14, 2008

Faith is my Floatation Device

Less than a week later, I can see the possibility that my chaotic life could take on some order in the near future. I sure hope so because the past five weeks have been nothing short of hell.

My last job sucked away every chance I had at staying positive during this employed student life I now lead. I have fallen behind in my schoolwork due to lack of free time to work on my projects and pure exhaustion, which made me sleep longer than usual. My new job, which I started last Sunday, seems to promise a more stable situation. I can choose how much I work, I get a break during my shift, and I get to leave according to my scheduled time. This means predictability of free time. I am also working much nearer to my school, which allows me to spend more time on campus working on my projects and less time traveling. I will have to make extra effort to catch up on my assignments, but it's certainly doable with determination and focus.

In the midst of this, I feel peace in prayer and what I can guess to be meditation. Just sitting on train on the way to work, closed eyes and slow breathing, just feeling my own spirit within and knowing it is immune to the outer pressures of this world. It's helped me find balance.

I cannot wait to be caught up. It's exciting to see the things I've done so far. I am an animator. Making images move and is a wonderful feeling. I have created characters out of nothing and breathed life into them making them lovable, despicable, or awesome. What an amazing gift this is. I want to master these skills as quickly as possible. It's addictive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay, good to know things are working out so well for you.

You know its only a matter of time until you get everything sorted out.

Wonder Chuckles said...

Thanks! :)

You know I can say the same for you!